A WiFi password is a double-edged knife. It’s essential since it prevents unwanted users off connecting with your WiFi network. But, at the exact that, we’re all too familiar with the frustration of having guests and family members seeking the password to your wifi.
This could be very irritating due to the fact that we often forget our wifi password. In addition, it can be annoying to transmit an endless string of characters that are alphanumeric to others.
Beyond that it is also an obvious issue of security. For instance, if you give someone you know your WiFi password they will now know what security codes you could use for your email, or other accounts that are private. As you may imagine, this could affect your security by an extent.
With all things being considered, do you wish that guests to connect to your wifi network without password? The good news is that wifi providers are well aware of the small inconveniences that are associated with passwords that protect your wifi network.
In this regard, they have put in place a system to share your WiFi without password. Apart from that however, there are some methods you can use to let guests connect to your WiFi without revealing your password.
With this in mind We have come up with three practical ways you can let your family members and guests connect to WiFi without a password.
Without further delay Let’s begin:
Join a Wifi Network using WPS (Wifi Protected Setup)
WPS abbreviated as Wifi Protected Setup, is a security standard for networks that are using WPA Personal or WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocol.
How can this assist you connect to the internet without passwords?
If the wifi router is in an area where the guest is physically access, then the guest can simply press an WPS switch on the router in order to establish the network connection. It is not necessary to sign in with a password or enter a password, and guests will gain immediate access to the WiFi.
Utilizing WPS is among the most popular and simple to connect to WiFi in the event that the guest has access to the home or work.
As you can see, this stops malicious users from taking your WiFi from outside wandering about your property. Only those who you’ve actually invited into your office or home are able to push the WPS button to connect to the wifi network.
However, with that said you’ll need to configure a few settings on your device or phone in order to ensure they can connect to your wifi network through the WPS function. To help you we’ve put together a an easy step-by-step guide on how to set up your smartphone to allow access to the WPS capability.
- Visit your phone’s “Settings” Page.
- Then, you can go into then the “Networks as well as Internet settings” section.
- Then go to settings for wifi and click on”Advanced Options” or “Advanced Option” button.
- There is an choice – ” Connect by WPS button” Click it.
- It will enable it to activate the WPS handshake technology. A new dialog box will appear saying that it will take 30 minutes to press on the WPS button on your router. After 30 seconds, the WPS handshake protocol will be deactivated.
- For certain wifi routers, there’s no designated WPS button, but instead the WPS pin. In this scenario you’ll need to select “connect via WPS button” and then enter the WPS pin that can be located on a label in the router.
- If it is done properly, your phone will be connected to the WiFi network without the need for the password. It will also remain connected until you instruct your device to turn off your wifi password.
This is how you can utilize WPS in order to access your office or home wifi without knowing passwords to wifi. It’s reliable, practical and user-friendly.
That being mentioned, some of the steps listed here may differ based on the brand and the manufacturer of your smartphone. Additionally, Apple devices don’t support WPS standards, which means iPhone as well as Mac users will not be able to utilize this method.
Set Up A Guest Network On Your Wifi Router
The majority of modern WiFi routers offer the ability to create an exclusive guest network. It is distinct from the actual wifi network, and only for guests.
You can either configure the guest network so that it asks for a password to access wifi, or make a password as simple as “12345678” that is simple to share.
However If you decide to leave your guest network without a password, you can be sure that nearly everyone with internet access will attempt and connect to it which can slow down the overall speed of the network. It is important to keep this in mind when creating your guest network.
- how to connect wifi without password in android mobile
- how to connect wifi without password in laptop
- how to connect wifi without password app
- how to connect wifi without password in iphone
- how to connect wifi without password and wps
- how to get wifi password of neighbors
- how to find others wifi password
It’s most effective in offices that are closed. Let’s take for instance, your office space is enclosed by walls that are thick, making it impossible for wifi signals to penetrate. So you do not have to worry about unauthorized access to your network.
In this situation you could set up guest networks without passwords for clients who are visiting your office. The best part is that guest networks allows all devices to connect to your WiFi network.
Here is the step-by-step procedure to help you setup an guest network for your router.
- In the beginning, you’ll need to go into the backend settings panel of your router. In order to accomplish this, you’ll be required to enter the router’s IP address in the bar with addresses. The router’s IP address is printed in the reverse of the router.
- Now, you can use your admin credentials to login on the router.
- Find where you can find the ” Guest Network” option. The location of the option will differ based on the manufacturer of your router. There could be a standalone option, or you could require a look-up under “Wireless settings”.
- Allow “Guest Network.” You’ll need to identify this network Guest Network and set up an account password. You can choose to leave blank to make it appear as a free WiFi network.
- Also, you should turn on (if you have it) the setting that permits you to limit to the maximum bandwidth for the guest network.
- Once you’re done, click “Save” to save your settings. You’re done.
You can now guide your customers or acquaintances on the guest network, which is accessible without entering any passwords for WiFi.
Substitute Password With a QR Code
Do you realize that it is possible to change your WiFi password by scanning an QR code? If a friend or guest arrives, you can simply ask them to take a picture of the QR code, and they’ll connect to the WiFi without a password.
For this method to work it is necessary to obtain the QR code for the alphanumeric string, which will be your username. This can be done using one of the numerous QR code generators online like QRStuff.
To conclude that said, here’s an easy step-by-step guide for using the service to let guests connect to your network without having to sign in.
- Visit the QRStuffwebsite.
- You will be presented with a selection of data types available. Select “Wifi Login.”
- You will now need fill in your SSID (network names) as well as the password.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select the type of network you want to use.
- If you wish, you may choose a customized color to designate your QR code.
- After that, the website will create an QR code based on the information provided.
- Now you can press the print button and have it printed on paper.
- After that, if you wish, you may apply glue on the wall, or even to the desk.
Visitors can walk in and look at your QR code and and scan it with an app for scanning QR codes on their smartphone, and then connect to your WiFi. There are a variety of QR codes scanner apps that can be downloaded via either the Playstore or Appstore in addition.
The only issue is that devices without cameras will not be capable of connecting to the internet with this method.
This was our quick overview of connecting to WiFi without a password.
As we mentioned, making use of this WPS method is the safest and most convenient method to divulge your password to guests and customers.
However, if the device isn’t compatible with the WPS standard, they may prefer to use an alternative method of authentication using the QR code method since it provides the same level in security as well as control.
A special guest system is the least secure option since you’ll have a lot of unauthorised users accessing your network due to the absence of a password that is secure.